Thursday, November 22, 2007

Race for the sales

My oldest son Max opened up the Oregonian and began to look at the insert ads for "black Friday". Wow we could wake up at 4:30 and stand in line for a big screen TV. I know I won't be out there with the masses. Many families will spend more money on their home electronics than on all of the rest of their home furnishings. Each to their own but when customers come in the store and roll their eyes about the price of a handmade organic mattress or sofa I realize that there has to be some thought about priorities and lifestyles. Many of the sustainable products in the store are handcrafted American made products designed to give your home a fresh organic experience that will last a lifetime. I hope the we can at least make people think about what makes their living space a home.

No comments: